Is John coming home soon? 2. Say what might happen in the future. Germany have just scored. For example, in a restaurant: Waiter: “What would you like to eat?” Customer: “I think I’ll have the chicken.” Other examples: “I’m cold. When we make decisions at the same time as we speak, we use “will”. Grammar Rule Examples. In particular, I don't plan ahead details ahead of time, as I abhor fixed schedules or fixed paths. Remember! Form. Children won’t go to school in the future. We can use ‘will’ or ‘’ll’ to talk about the future and make future predictions.For the negative, we can say ‘will not’ or ‘won’t’. Example: They will probably deliver the goods tomorrow. It’s going to rain soon. I will be a teacher. She will have lots of pets. I’m going to watch TV in a minute, because my favourite programme is on. Conditional Sentences Type I. To make decisions. 4. Signal words. will + infinitive. Often, it doesn't really matter if we choose 'be going to' or the present continuous. (I just decided this right now) 2. Long forms Contracted forms; I will win the match. 1.3. spontaneous actions. Examples 4.1. Deal out all the actions and/ or times cards that your teacher gives you. – Yes, I’m going to meet him at the airport tomorrow. Hang on! This post is about my own decision-making habits. For plans or decisions made before speaking. I’ll catch up with you later.” 4. Example: Wait, I will help you. We use the present simple tense in two cases. I think I'll try one of those. I'll buy one for you too. Perhaps an interesting case is from a 2011 post: For example, last semester, to get to one of my classes from my dorm I had two main paths, one… You will win the match. I think I’ll put the heater on.” “Look, that’s my bus. I 'll win the match. Spontaneous decisions. Decision made from one moment to the next. 3. For things that we decide to do now. Latest video... https://goo.gl/a2U8MF Brief explanation of how to use the modal 'will' for offers and spontaneous decisions with examples + Spanish to English translation exercise. 3. Look at the sky. You won’t have any problems.. Will for Spontaneous Decisions- Getting reactions speaking card game Work in groups of 2 or 3. I will get myself a cup of coffee. Affirmative sentences in the will-future. no unambiguous ones. You can look at all your cards, but don’t show them to your partner(s). Say something to your partner to try to get an “I’ll…” spontaneous decision … He’ll travel around the world. I’ll live in a big house when I’m older. I 'll have a word with you. Assumptions with regard to the future. In the following example, there is really very little difference in meaning: I'm going to the cinema tonight. (Prediction) My … Things will hopefully be better next year. To make predictions about the future based on present evidence. You 'll win the match. I'm going to go to the cinema tonight. When we think or believe something about the future. 1. (Rapid Decisions) This is when you make a decision at that moment, in a spontaneous way.