Mira nuestro tesauro para aprender los sinónimos y antónimos de quiet down en inglés; encuentra las traducciones en español de cada palabra y sus opuestos. All rights reserved. producing no noise. Try gradually to quiet them down as bedtime approaches. I told them to be quiet and go to sleep. Dicionário de informática espanhol inglês, Grátis: Aprenda inglês, francês e outras línguas, Reverso Documents: Tradução de documentos, Todos os sinônimos do nosso dicionário de inglês. Someone or something that is quiet makes only a small amount of noise. taciturn. quiet time n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. she said quietly... ...the smoothness and quietness of the flight. Find more ways to say quiet, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. If you are quiet, you are not saying anything. quiet - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more. still. Sinónimos quiet. If someone does not go quietly, they do not leave a particular job or a place without complaining or resisting. Dicionário Reverso de sinônimos em inglês para quiet e muitas palavras mais. Music seemed to quiet her anxiety and loneliness. I am in the habit of boarding at a quiet house kept by a widow. If a place is quiet, there is very little noise there. Join our early testers! unspeaking . Desafío rápido de palabras. Tradução dicionário Collins Inglês Cobuild. You describe activities as quiet when they happen in secret or in such a way that people do not notice them. I do very much appreciate the quietness and privacy here. She was received in a small, quiet office..., The street was unnaturally quiet. What Is The Difference Between “It’s” And “Its”? Sinónimos y antónimos de quiet down. Acrescente sua entrada no Dicionário colaborativo. Arrastre la respuesta correcta a la casilla. Another word for quiet. Estela started to say something but a gesture from her husband quieted her at once. `This is goodbye, isn't it?' See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. tongue-tied. dumb, hushed, inaudible, low, low-pitched, noiseless, peaceful, silent, soft, soundless, calm, contented, gentle, mild, motionless, pacific, peaceful, placid, restful, serene, smooth, tranquil, untroubled, isolated, private, retired, secluded, secret, sequestered, undisturbed, unfrequented, conservative, modest, plain, restrained, simple, sober, subdued, unassuming, unobtrusive, unpretentious, collected, docile, even-tempered, gentle, imperturbable, meek, mild, phlegmatic, reserved, retiring, sedate, shy, unexcitable, calmness, ease, peace, quietness, repose, rest, serenity, silence, stillness, tranquillity, deafening, ear-splitting, high-decibel, high-volume, loud, noisy, stentorian, agitated, alert, excitable, exciting, frenetic, troubled, turbulent, violent, bustling, busy, crowded, exciting, fashionable, lively, popular, vibrant, blatant, brash, bright, conspicuous, glaring, loud, obtrusive, ostentatious, pretentious, showy, excitable, excited, high-spirited, impatient, loquacious, passionate, restless, talkative, verbose, violent, activity, bustle, commotion, din, disturbance, noise, racket. See examples for synonyms. He has a quiet confidence in his ability... Nigel Deering, the publisher, is quietly confident about the magazine's chances. All Free. reduce something, usually a pain or a problem. If you refer, for example, to someone's quiet confidence or quiet despair, you mean that they do not say much about the way they are feeling. Tania kept the children reasonably quiet and contented..., A quiet murmur passed through the classroom..., The airlines have invested enormous sums in new, quieter aircraft. tiempo para pensar grupo nom ⓘ Esta oración no es una traducción de la original. She was received in a small, quiet office. How restful this quiet and reserve after the colour and line tumult of the Higbee apartment. Definition. If you keep quiet about something or keep something quiet, you do not say anything about it. Uncle Jasper, who had a quiet voice and gentle manners, now stood rigid. Describe 2020 In Just One Word? I slipped away quietly..., The goal of shifting freight from road to rail has been quietly abandoned... A quiet person behaves in a calm way and is not easily made angry or upset. Las cookies nos ayudan a ofrecer nuestros servicios, y al utilizar los mismos, usted acepta el uso de cookies. When they do not disturb him with earthly medicines, he is quiet and happy. If something is done on the quiet, it is done secretly or in such a way that people do not notice it. Sinônimo quiet inglês, dicionário de sinônimos em inglês, consulte também 'quit',quite',quieten',quietly', definição, significado Resultado. Mejores sinónimos para quiet (otras palabras para quiet) son calm, still y silent. 3 (adjetivo) in the sense of quiet. Você pode completar os sinônimos do quiet propostos pelo dicionário Reverso de sinônimos em inglês consultando outros dicionários especializados em sinônimos de palavras em inglês: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase, Merriam Webster, Longman ... Dicionário Inglês-Sinônimos: traduzir ao Sinônimos com nossos dicionários on-line. To quiet fears or complaints means to persuade people that there is no good reason for them. “Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? Más información Entendido. sinónimos de quite en un diccionario de sinónimos online, Vocablo o expresión que tiene una misma o muy parecida significación o alguna acepción. (period of silent reflection) tiempo de reflexión grupo nom ⓘ Esta oración no es una traducción de la original. It is very quiet without him..., While he wanted Los Angeles and partying, she wanted a quiet life... His most prized time, though, will be spent quietly on his farm. Las cookies nos ayudan a ofrecer nuestros servicios, y al utilizar los mismos, usted acepta el uso de cookies. Pregunta 1 - Puntuación: 0 / 5. complex plot o vegetable plot? quite - sinónimos de 'quite' en un diccionario de 200.000 sinónimos online Perhaps the quiet of his boy had not been altogether the quiet of cowardice. If you keep this up I'm going to take a walk so I can have quiet. Sinonimi di quiet in inglese, dizionario dei sinonimi in inglese, consulta anche 'quit',quite',quieten',quietly', definizione, esempi sinónimos de aquietar en un diccionario de sinónimos online, Vocablo o expresión que tiene una misma o muy parecida significación o alguna acepción. Puntuación en Scrabble de 'quiet': 14. “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. "If you still love Paralus, I wonder you can be so quiet and cheerful," said Eudora. ©2020 Reverso-Softissimo. She'd promised to give him driving lessons, on the quiet, when no one could see. If someone or something quiets down or if you quiet them down, they become less noisy or less active. Sinônimo quit inglês, dicionário de sinônimos em inglês, consulte também 'quite',quiet',quilt',quaint', definição, significado Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. Traducciones en contexto de "quiet" en inglés-español de Reverso Context: be quiet, keep quiet, peace and quiet, it's quiet, quiet area If someone or something quiets or if you quiet them, they become less noisy, less active, or silent. If a place, situation, or time is quiet, there is no excitement, activity, or trouble. "Harry is quiet, and Philip keeps out of the way lately," she answered. I told them to be quiet and go to sleep... Amy stood quietly in the doorway watching him. A taciturn man, he replied to my questions in monosyllables. not talkative. nonvocal. quiet sinónimos. Where shall I find a quiet church where I may say his De profundis in peace? We Asked, You Answered. vegetable plot. complex plot. Antes de darte una respuesta quiero tomarme un tiempo de reflexión, mañana te contesto. There are quiet and very decent places for those of us that must. The heavy guns have again fallen silent.