Use will to talk about something that you think will happen. 3. You are going to fall. The doctor said I’ m going to have a girl. Use be going to for decisions that you have already taken at the moment of speaking (intentions or plans). Hope you like it! 2A: We don’t have any bread. He will be a good doctor. 9A: Did you remember to buy the tickets? 5A: What are your plans after you leave university? Exercises: will and be going to. Will and be going to exercises. 8A: I can't find my keys. Forms . Futures tenses in English. I 'll buygoing to buy'm going to buy some. The flight departs at 9 pm. B: I know. Predictions Use will to talk about something that you think will happen.. Use WILL for predictions, to talk about things we think or believe will happen in the future. Elementary and intermediate level esl. For example: — “I believe I will be at the airport at 22:30, my flight is at midnight” = I am making a prediction. I think he’ ll win the election. B: Oh no, I forgot! 7. B: I will to dowill do'm going to do some homework on the train. future tense exercise. She is going to / will graduate next year. Free Practice Tests for learners of English. 1A: We don’t have any bread. Futures tenses in English. B: I 'm going to help'll helpwill to help you look for them. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Compare: Use will for decisions that you take at the moment of speaking (instant decisions). ; Use be going to to talk about something that you see is going to happen (there is present evidence).. Don’t drive like a crazy man. B: I 'll work'm going to workgoing to work in a hospital in Africa. B: I 'm going to turngoing to turn'll turn the heating on. Advertisements. They have different structures. Elementary and intermediate level esl. (If there is external evidence we use ‘going to’ to make future predictions.) I 'm going to takewill to take'll take a look. will / be going to for prediction (To talk about time-tabled future events, we use simple present tense.) B: Really? B: Don't worry. :) 4. Learn English online I 'm going to buy'll buywill to buy them online now. By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. B: Because I going to visit'm going to visit'll visit my mother in Scotland next month. We’ re going to have an accident! 6A: All the lights have gone off! He is very hard-working. Use be going to to talk about something that you see is going to happen (there is present evidence). 5. 6. 4A: I’m really cold. 10If you take a look at this graphic, you can see that the economy is going to getwill getis going get worse very soon. I 'll get'm going to getwill to get some from the shop then. 7A: Why are you carrying your laptop? I took some money from your purse. Careful! Sometimes there’s little difference between will  and be going to for predictions. There are two ways to talk about the future.. We use the future simple (with will) to make a general prediction and to begoing to to predict the near future which seems sure to happen. I’m going to meet your dad tomorrow afternoon. 3A: Why do you need to borrow my suitcase?