After her conversation ended, Kitana entered her room and Sindel falsely greeted her. Sindel walks into it.] It will not be fast or easy. I was sorely tempted, but then I realized that by saving myself, I'd be surrendering the last of my people's dignity. Fujin: She was Shao Kahn's Empress, his equal in evil. [She wants to hug her daughter, but Kitana's retreating.] He may be telling the truth. Hanzo replies that he has been down that road, and will not let it happen again. Sheeva: Thank you, Empress. The other heroes are unfreezing.] Back in the Special Forces base, past Jax tests his new cybernetic arms, and Jacqui talks with him about what happened to the present Jax: since his traumatic experiences as a revenant, and worst of all, the death of his wife Vera a year prior, Jax has become a shut-in, only feeling safe at the Briggs' farm. Swear your allegiance and I shall see her avenged! She manipulates you with it. It had to be eliminated. Shang Tsung must live. [Sindel smiles and finishes the transmission. Today, you give me the greatest gift. Recoiling in horror, Raiden drops Shinnok's amulet. I have absorbed Kronika's power. Shang Tsung: That is the power we need to assure victory against Cetrion. Where you caged me up beat me within an inch of my life. Sindel: Kitana murdered your Shokan brethren. Shang Tsung defeats them and then drains the powers from the three, causing their bodies to dry out. Raiden then threatens her that this timeline will end differently, but Kronika rejects his claims, stating that they have had the same conversation multiple times, but it has never changed the outcome. My obedient subjects, projecting my influence throughout the realms. That cycle must end, Liu Kang. A better one? Uh, I mean ma'am! A fire portal appears to the right of the magic sphere, which is controlled by Fire God Liu Kang. Hanzo Hasashi, Scorpion's living present-self then arrives, and enquires as to the whereabouts of Sektor, as he doesn't want him to threaten his clan again. Dumping cargo to increase their speed, they caught up to Kitana Kahn's ship. Young Shang Tsung: Time and destiny are now mine to command. Shang Tsung: Cease your magic before the Hourglass shatters. Kronika: I must go. Ain't no way you get how this feels. But defeating Kronika depends on us reaching that chamber. Shang Tsung then takes their souls, leaving them as withered husks. Fujin: Now listen, brother. Kharon says that his fleet is not prepared for battle, but Raiden assures him that the ships will be protected by the combined forces. Sindel: All that grows closer is her defeat, Geras. From the moment you were trapped in the Void. Once he puts on the crown, Liu Kang uses the Hourglass to create a new timeline, where he meets his ancestor, the. Raiden: Shang Tsung! Geras: I am eternal, Fujin. Sheeva: As I had always suspected. Next to him comes Baraka and some Tarkatans.] Sheeva: You speak when you should listen. And at the top— Liu Kang and Kung Lao are the only characters to encounter their revenant counterpart twice. Sindel: Find Kitana, husband. Death becomes you. Shang Tsung: That will be sufficient. [The fight begins. How could you fall for such lies?! Who are you? Your duty is fulfilled. Resurrected Liu Kang is jump down to face him.] Who allowed us to suffer! Scorpion later arrives to confront his present, living counterpart. After defeating the revenant, Raiden tells Liu Kang that he has overcome the darkness within himself and that Liu Kang must do the same. I shall never tire of greeting you. Fujin: Well, Shung Ting your strategy proved sound after all. Raiden: How is it you conspire against Kronika? During the battle, the crown falls out of Fujin's bag (or where he kept it, we are not shown).] Both Jacqui and Jax refuse to surrender the crown, so Cetrion opens a fissure that swallows Jacqui, leaving her hanging over a cavernous pit. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Sub-Zero: Fujin?! He then takes Kronika's crown from Shang Tsung, who slowly dissolves into sand. [And he starts… creating. Raiden: Time after time, Kronika's schemes have pitted us against each other. However, as Dark Raiden decapitated Shinnok, the balance was damaged, which has prompted Kronika's desire to remove Raiden from the picture. Nightwolf: His business is one of yours, Kollector. Erron Black: Then go on and get to it. This cannot be good. She would not dare to restart history without it. [A few Shokan enters the dungeon and sees an unconscious Sheeva.] Nightwolf: No. Sindel: May I request something? Nightwolf: To buy us time. [When he hears the word "god", he bows immediately.] Sindel: A eunuch monk can't hope to understand the ways of mothers and daughters. Fujin: Kronika's promises can't be trusted, Jackson. Say nothing to Nightwolf. Everything I've been told about you, it's all… lies? If your future “savior” had gained full control of my Hourglass, we would not be here. Fire God Liu Kang: I see. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. With the essence of the Jinsei, Sindel was brought back to life. Kitana Kahn: No… Elder Gods damn you, Mother! Destined to fail. [He sucks the soul out of Raiden and Fujin.] Shang Tsung then uses the Hourglass to conquer all realms under his influence, with Raiden and Fujin becoming his lackeys. He falls to the ground in pain.] This allows the two an opportunity to make the revenant Edenian and the time-displaced wraith retreat. Shao Kahn: Enough prattle, fools. Young Shang Tsung: The path I chose ends with your souls sworn to my service. The Hourglass showed that only I could wield the Crown against Kronika, successfully. Maybe you do get it. (laughs) Let's get nuts! Raiden: Inevitably, our interests will diverge. We must get to the Soul Chamber, urgently! Shortly after, the force field dissipates. Raiden: What else can you tell us about the final battle? Scorpion: I understand your mistrust, but I am here to assist you! Perhaps in another timeline they could be ours. Young Liu Kang: Let's not jump to conclusions. Surely you realize that Shang Tsung will break your alliance. Raiden: If you know this, accept the inevitable. Driven into a rage, the younger Cage charges headlong into the melee, firing wildly and pushing back the Black Dragon henchmen, leaving his older counterpart to deal with the past Erron Black, who is still affiliated with the criminal group. Raiden, Liu Kang, and Kung Lao then get into Earthrrealm to learn more about their tragic future. You may have attained godhood, but I am the Keeper of Time. How did you get here? [He's barely on his feet. Kronika's Outworld allies will inform her of our presence. Have faith in Fujin and Nightwolf. My so-called family had called me in every way. To escape the Void, to return from the future… After Cetrion subdues Nightwolf, he tries to sacrifice himself to defeat Cetrion, but Sindel intervenes and fights the Elder God. You will be beaten. Shao Kahn: How easily you are felled, Kronika. Shang Tsung: Because we must restore Sindel. Kronika: Are you? Baraka: Takatan blood is shed! You're breaking Kitana's heart. Raiden: I would rather save you. Young Johnny Cage: I'm healed Cassie. Sindel: Sorcerer. I had one duty. The armies of Earthrealm and Outworld begin their assault on Kronika's Keep, with Liu Kang's new abilities wiping out several Netherrealm legions to get through. Who was to design the destinies of mortals? Fire God Liu Kang: A story for another time. That's the story, but it's a lie. Kitana Kahn: Nor will tire of calling on you. He picks up Shinnok’s Amulet from the ground.] The Sindel I knew wiped out most of Earthrealm's champions in a single battle. [She rips the tentacles with her hair and falls to the ground painfully. [Nightwolf and Fujin bring a coffin to the throne room. Scorpion's dying counterpart implores him to seek out Raiden and the others at the Shirai Ryu Fire Gardens, and tells him that the Shirai Ryu are defined by their heart, not blood, before dying in Scorpion's arms. The truth? Shang Tsung: Indeed. What hope did you have? He tells Hanzo of his plan to infiltrate the factory – an assault on the main entrance will be bloody, so he proposes to enter via a less-populated entrance, and obtain help from the inside. Fire God Liu Kang: They are not gone, Shang Tsung. Sub-Zero fights Frost – Sub-Zero calmly informs his former student that there is no future in which she could be the head of the clan. [They defeat Kotal and Jade.] Mortal Kombat 11 is a fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Both Kanos then send the younger Erron Black to deal with Sonya and Johnny, shooting Cage in the arm. For now we must— Kotal uses it to mend his broken spine. The Isle… Do not be late. Comfort and ease extinguished the dragon's fire that once lit the heart of every Shokan. After looking at the crown a little bit, Shang Tsung gives it to Raiden.] Raiden thought you lost when the timeline was broken… But you stand with Shang Tsung?! [You can choose to kick the ass of this young talentless actor — Sindel or Shao Kahn.] Kitana courts a peasant and obeys the Thunder God. I will not allow my temper to fracture our resolve further. When it is, the New Era will begin. [Raiden is going to hit Young Liu Kang again, but Fujin knocks the amulet out of his hands with magic.] Jaсqui Briggs: You too, Sindel. Fujin gives Raiden the crown, only to find out that it was Shang Tsung who was impersonating Raiden to get the crown off from Fujin. Then we'll discipline Kitana and take back our throne. Cetrion has her own essence absorbed into Kronika, making her all-powerful. Shao Kahn: No doubt the little princess is hiding. [She's going to Nightwolf. Fire God Liu Kang: How do you know this? We're running out of time to find Sindel. For the protection of all, I shared Kronika's power with the people I trust and love most. Kitana Kahn: Queen Sheeva! Trained. Kronika sent her daughter Cetrion to Shang Tsung's former island, in order to take the crown immediately. Her power washed over me sweeping away the limits my designers had put on my programming. Geras knew they were coming, however, due to the revenant versions of Liu Kang and Kung Lao. I know them. Sheeva: Forgive me, Kitana Kahn. Havik and I are going to be bosom buddies. Fire God Liu Kang is left unaffected due to his godly status. [They're entering the Soul Chamber. At the entrance, Shang Tsung stops Nightwolf. Well I say, he and I need to get busy! [Fujin hands the Crown.] Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Includes MK11 Base Game, Kombat Pack 1, Aftermath Expansion, and newly added Kombat Pack 2. The character chosen by the player fights Sektor, while the other aids Cyrax with the following dialogue: After Sektor is defeated, Cyrax manages to get into the Cyber Lin Kuei servers, and informs Sub-Zero that he can disable the factory, but he states that if he is brought back, he doesn't want to live as a cyborg. Shang Tsung, Fujin, and Nightwolf are brought back to the past, only to find themselves in Kitana's battle against Shao Kahn. So much for Edenian loyalty. As their protector I had spent eons safeguarding them. The Hourglass will shatter. [Heroes are arriving on the island. Sheeva: You need more time to heal. Raiden: I am merely Raiden, now. When Kotal falls, Sheeva catches him.] Hanzo is ambushed by Noob Saibot, who claims that in the New Era, Kronika will make sure that he would lead the realm's deadliest clan of wandering shadows, before he is defeated by Sub-Zero/Hanzo. They fight for the coffin, and Sheeva attacks.] The Kahn's business is my business. Fujin: We are prepared, Kronika. Your strategy has been novel. Feeling betrayed by Kronika due to Kitana gaining the Outworld throne, Shao Kahn refuses his services and instead decides to attack the construct with Sindel. He made his debut in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero as a boss (although was never mentioned by name), and first became playable in Mortal Kombat 4. A medical crew then tends to Johnny and Cassie, with Johnny inviting Sonya to dinner as gratitude for saving his life. Fire God Liu Kang: No more timelines will be twisted by your evil. Join me against the sorcerer. First I must free his Revenant from Quan Chi's curse. Without this, the broken timeline couldn't be repaired. This is the word of Shang Tsung… Have a nice day. No matter how many times the Terminator re-booted history, the war between humans and the machines always ended the same. Shao Kahn: Was that your best? Sindel: Enter. Raiden, I cannot do this alone. Cetrion allowed Kronika to absorb her essence in an attempt to strengthen her mother and the remaining revenants so they could defend the Hourglass. Nightwolf: Thank you great spirit. As Liu Kang and Kitana contemplate their next move, Kronika appears before the Netherrealm King and Queen to request an alliance, stating her goal to restart history and create a New Era...one without Raiden. Fujin: We all from your tragic future. They approach the Well of Souls, only to be ambushed by Noob Saibot and his clones. Sheeva: We've made it this far. Shang Tsung: Our rather public arrival at the Koliseum makes that impossible. Raiden: Unfortunately, I cannot transfer my power to Liu Kang yet. Sheeva: We will not harm Kotal. Shao Kahn and Sindel went on a mission to intervene in the battle between Raiden and Kronika's forces to seize the Hourglass for themselves. With his munitions deplete, Sonya who uses her gauntlets to disarm him. [After defeating the god of fire, Young Shang Tsung grabs him by the throat.] She then declares the beginning of the New Era. Young Kung Lao: Of course it does. Ever the caring mother, I had to discipline my little princess. Fujin: Kronika knows your pain. Suddenly, the base is attacked by the Black Dragon and the Cyber Lin Kuei. The revenants Kitana, Kung Lao and Jade try to stop them, but all three of them are killed. At least we do not follow that fool, Raiden. [There are three dark figures going on somewhere.] Unless tempered by compassion and heart, logic leads to decisions no better than those based on anger or fear. Sub-Zero and Hanzo discuss what they should do next, both agreeing that they should inform Raiden of their accomplishment. You wanna get nuts? Reverse the spell you have cast on them, sorcerer! Shao Kahn clashed with Liu Kang and defeated him. If I die, we fail. Shortly after, the Special Forces are informed that the Netherrealm creatures have invaded the Wu Shi Academy. Sindel: You are Kahn, Kitana. Young Shang Tsung: How does it feel? He sucks Fujin into the darkness, but he manages to break free.] So when I found Kano dealing arms to Old Detroit's gangs. Frost then appears to Raiden, telling him that the Cyber Lin Kuei are under her command, and challenges him. [The heroes are preparing for battle, but the Resurrected Liu Kang fetters them with fire—snakes, which he releases from his palm.] Shang Tsung: He always had more ego than skill. Sheeva: I was her protector—for—life. As per Hanzo's wishes, the past Scorpion returns in his place to Raiden's base of operations to see the Fire Gardens rebuilt, realizing that his present self was right. Through its iterations, the series has featured scores of player characters, some of them becoming mainstays, such as Baraka, Cyrax, Ermac, Goro, Jade, Jax Briggs, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Nightwolf, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sheeva, Sindel, Smoke, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Stryker, and Sub-Zero. We should listen. But even the damned are capable of doing some good. Fujin: You may run like the wind, Kabal, but I command it. [Erron Black starts shooting at heroes. I have no more family. You may wear my Crown but you are not a Titan! Sindel: Hardly. Sheeva fights with Baraka.] That's why the Terminator threw himself into the infinite depths of the Sea of Blood. Nightwolf: I can imagine few fates worse than yours. One told lest I lose the faith of my subjects, or of my daughter, Kitana. While Dark Raiden creates a diversion, drawing out the main Netherrealm army, the Special Forces storm the cathedral forces led by Jade and Kabal. Sub-Zero: I find that impossible to believe. Young Shang Tsung: All too easy. However, Shang Tsung is mortally wounded and Nightwolf is forced to let him drain the soul energy out of his revenant to recover. Sindel catches the hat with two fingers.] Cassie Cage: No… No! Erron Black: What do you say we skip the preliminaries and y'all come with us quietly? Sheeva: I have been bound to your mother for millennia. [Raiden attacks Kronika with lightning and she freezes him in time. The scene changes to Shao Kahn’s arena. Hanzo fights Frost – Frost angrily tells Hanzo that she should have killed him the day Sub-Zero invited him to. Confronting the leader of the Cyber Lin Kuei, Johnny beats the cyborg, before he's challenged by the past Kano, who eats a punch to the groin for his troubles. As they are escaping, the older Kano attacks them armed with a minigun. The Vold's seal was broken open, permitting our escape via the Hourglass. She willingly married Shao Kahn. Geras: You are also anomalous. NetherRealm Studios is known for having developed the Mortal Kombat titles and also the Injustice series. [Meanwhile, Shang Tsung and Fujin are turning beasts into roasted steak. Kitana Kahn: Yes, it does. Fujin: The storm is not yet passed. Kitana Kahn: She had a husband! Come with me. While Sonya refuses to fight him, Johnny insists, telling her that fighting will buy them time. [She pushes him away.] Kotal: Necromancy is forbidden! In your stupor, you forget your place. [We're moving to the Fire Gardens where Sub-Zero awaits the return of Scorpion, who must persuade Kharon to share his fleet.] Sub-Zero: No. [Sindel looks at her.] Young Shang Tsung: Now, I choose your destiny. It falls upon you to architect a new history. Kronika: They are at Shang Tsung's Island. The other warriors are unfrozen and prepare for the upcoming battle at Kronika's Isle. I'll let you live, to serve me in my New Era. While walking along the cavernous corridors of the lair, Fujin questions the sorcerer on how long he will betray them. Kitana Kahn: I would go with you, fight by your side, but… Kronika then reverses time to the primordial state of the universe, erasing everyone from existence. Jacqui angrily demands how her father can do this to her, which prompts him to respond that he's doing it for her. Nightwolf: Kitana has defeated Shao Kahn. Any Matokan can prove worthy of its power. But as I lay dying, the Great Spirit came to me. For what? Do not permit your better nature to compromise you. Kitana Kahn: I… I want to feel joy… but all I feel is… I was only a child when you—you… How could you kill yourself? Shang Tsung: True. And to ensure victory, you sacrificed the lives of your friends. Only I can rebuild the empire. Fire God Liu Kang: Kronika said much the same, Shang Tsung. Tell me you would not betray your daughter. As Raiden’s Sky Temple, Sub-Zero’s Lin Kuei army and Special Force HQ had been compromised, Hanzo welcomes the surviving Earthrealm allies to the Shirai Ryu's Fire Garden as the only safe haven left. Nightwolf: Do we wait? Huge creepy beasts come out of them.] Shao Kahn: Wife. Erron Black: Hold up, Sheeva. To be the Chosen One? Young Shang Tsung: My service to you is over. Shang Tsung: Thank you, Fujin. [Meanwhile Fire God Liu Kang and Fujin…] Most importantly, I learned the simple joy of ending each day in the warm embrace of family. Shang Tsung: Fujin, the Crown! Sindel has Shang Tsung send her back to Outworld and Nightwolf decides to accompany the Briggs', while Fujin and Shang Tsung go to the Fire Gardens to deliver the Crown to Raiden. Mortal Kombat 11: 2020: Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath: Origins. Dearest Cetrion, you have served me admirably. Nightwolf: Great Spirit! You should have enough time to claim the Crown before Cetrion delivers it to Kronika. Young Kung Lao: You did not just call me a eunuch. Geras: Nightwolf, Shang Tsung… Come. Kronika wins – Kronika decapitates Fire God Liu Kang the same way Dark Raiden did to Shinnok. But I will lead us to victory. After being disarmed and knocked down, Kano tosses his knife at Sonya and begins to run. I'd “finished” just about everyone worth finishing in Earthrealm and Outworld. We must leave for Shang Tsung's Island to finish our quest. Dark Raiden threatens him, saying that he will be the first. After Jax and Jacqui defeat the duo, they continue on further into Goro's Lair in search for the crown. Mortal Kombat wurde als Antwort auf das populäre Capcom-Spiel Street Fighter II entwickelt. Meeting with the Special Forces, Raiden learns the tragic events of the future he would endure, confirming what Kotal told him at the Koliseum. Sindel: It will be our privilege to wield it. Fujin and Nightwolf are sent along with Shang Tsung to watch over him for any signs of betrayal. Raiden: Spread your falsehoods elsewhere, sorcerer! Shang Tsung realizes Liu Kang had allowed him to progress as he did for the latter to claim the crown, at the cost of losing his friends. It wasn't just a couple of greedy executives. My nose rubbed in my own fallibility, I was humbled. Johnny hauls him out to teach his younger self a lesson. Or maybe we'll just… break your TV right now! Jade told me everything. Young Shang Tsung: Fool. For our help, she offered places in her New Era. And when Kronika went down, something unexpected happened. [Kotal wakes from his slumber.] We'll have a nice, friendly chat with Kitana Kahn. How could I be worthy to accept the mantle as Keeper of Time? She calls me to restore history. [Sub-Zero freezes Shang Tsung.] So all you Devils out there, making false promises and spewing lies? Tired of Earthrealm’s defiance, Kronika will bring order to the universe through any means necessary. After Noob is defeated, Cyrax comes to, and realizes with horror what has become of him. Shang Tsung: How it must have pained you when she died. Nightwolf faces Shang Tsung after realizing he had deceived the group in taking the crown. Kronika: Without the Crown, there can be no New Era. Fujin: No, Nightwolf. [He starts… creating. After that, he proceeds to heal Scorpion and apologizes to him, saying that he was also a slave to anger. Kotal: I am strong enough to kill him. Shinnok's Amulet inflames your anger and clouds your judgement. Raiden: (in Shang Tsung voice) Thank you. Resurrected Sindel: I'm not going to kill you. Cassie then arrives in the cage, freeing both. Nightwolf: You can't kill me Sindel. After a fierce fight in Kotal Kahn's arena, she congregates with the other "good" kombatants after D'Vorah transports the "bad" kombatants to her hive. Those cast into the Void do not return. Much to Kitana's disgust, she clashed with her mother and was defeated. He is attacked by a suspicious Sub-Zero, managing to defeat the Lin Kuei Grandmaster, but is electrocuted by Raiden. Announced at The Game Awards 2018, the game was released in North America and Europe on April 23, 2019 for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One— with the exception of Europe's Switch version w… [Shang Tsung defeats Jax and tries to suck his soul through a fiery snake. Meanwhile, on Kharon's ship…] Outworld will again be conquerors, never the conquered! Every realm will bend to my will. More Shokans arrived and discovered Sheeva's unconscious body. As her time is limited to save her younger parents, if one of her parents or both dies, Cassie will cease to exist, much to Raiden’s fear. Cassie infiltrates the fight club and they engage in battle with the Black Dragon members. Shang Tsung: With the Crown. Soldiers open fire.] Fire God Liu Kang: Then together. But in the end, you will not prevail. Mortal Kombat enthält zum Teil äußerst explizite Gewaltdarstellungen, … Kronika: You have no one left to betray. [Shang Tsung is calling for some demons to drag Kronika underground. She explained why she betrayed Jerrod and to strengthen her bond with Shao Kahn, she helped him murdered her former husband. Shao Kahn: You've suffered too long as this pretender's hands. Sheeva: Know your place, Outlander. Some time after Shinnok's defeat at the hands of Cassie Cage, Raiden is seen torturing the fallen Elder God in the damaged Jinsei Chamber. Kitana Kahn: Hold your tongue. Shang Tsung: You can send travelers back into the current timeline. This time I will succeed. Geras: Shao Kahn, Sindel. I have the Crown. During the Outworld timequake, Kollector breaks free from his bondage and, along with Kotal, encounters the past versions of Skarlet, Erron Black, Baraka, Kano, Shao Kahn, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jade, and Raiden. Kitana Kahn: Raiden and Fujin have gone ahead to storm the Isle but we've lost all contact with our rear guard. It's a tactic Kronika is unlikely to anticipate. Back at Kronika's isle, Kronika and the revenants are displeased with how the tide has turned against them with the loss of the Outworld army and the Black Dragon. Mortal Kombat is back and better than ever in the next evolution of the iconic franchise. Fujin: Was that necessary? Nightwolf: Sorcerer, I’ll… Dark Raiden, preparing his thunder blade, replies by telling him, "There are fates worse than death." Kronika: It should not be. Jax: We're all on the same side against Kronika. If we do not hear soon I will return to the Netherrealm. Fujin: Immediately after the time merger, yes? The Great Kung Lao: Trained? Once inside, however, a shocked Kronika wastes no time, and has her revenant minions attack Liu Kang. A second chance! You will share her fate. Kronika expects you to fight her. Geras and Kronika disappear as time resumes for the duo. Raiden: I shall advise you for as long as my mortality allows. Your worthless existence is at its end. OCP has too much cash, and much firepower for me to clean things up alone. The Retrocade is one of four new stages introduced in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath. Mortal Kombat 3 is a fighting video game developed by Midway Games and first released into arcades in 1995 as the third game in the Mortal Kombat series. Whatever your reasons… this ain't a good look for you. The Tarkatans are preparing for battle.] Shao Kahn: (to Johnny) Twice you fought in the tournament, and twice you failed. All who followed Kitana are complicit in her treason. Nightwolf: Not for fools who follow you. Outside, Sindel and Nightwolf are fighting Cetrion. She reveals that Kronika is her mother, and Shinnok her brother. [At that moment Kronika in her Tower is smiling.] Kronika: Shang Tsung, pretender to my role. If Kung Lao fights Geras, Kronika's strongman reveals that he met and fought the Great Kung Lao once. After defeating their counterparts, the two then fight and defeat Geras before he freezes them in time.